Translate

Thursday 13 December 2012

Final TUSAL of the Year

For those followers who have not heard of the TUSAL, or Totally Useless Stitch-a-Long, pop over to Daffycat's blog and find out all about it.

Here's December's photo showing my ORTS jar posing with my Page-every-other-day calendar and the new Joan Elliott Diary, cover gift with WOCS magazine.  I refuse to call it a free gift as they charge non-subscribers an extra £1 for the issue!!



Here's a picture of my favourite design from the Diary:


And as luck would have it, it's my Birth Month September.  Joan must have known, an angel wearing purple reading a book, perfect!

There's going to be a SAL on Facebook for these 12 designs, very loose and open - stitch as many as you like, in whatever order, however and whenever you like!  You have to ask to join the group as FB have changed their group settings somehow but please do if you're a fan of Joan's work.  If you're not sure that you can get a copy of the diary in your country there are people on FB offering to buy and mail copies for face value.  The mag is £4.99 and postage overseas is £6.76 so much more than that is profiteering!!

Talking of FB, Dragon Dreams are offering the cutest little 12 Days of Dragon Christmas freebies only on FB this month.  Even if you hate the whole FB thing it's worth joining under a false name and "liking" all the stitching sites for the fun and freebies.  I rarely use it for anything else these days.

No stitching pictures to show today as there's not been much progress on either project and very little daytime stitching!  If you want to see stitched pictures pop over to the Advent Calendar Blog Hop post.

Finally, Nicola  will be doing the first draw for the Scarlet Letter Challenge on the 15th so make sure you've posted by the 14th to be in with a chance to win some lovely Au Ver a Soie silks.







10 comments:

Heather said...

Oh! I love that diary. I haven't seen that issue of the magazine over here yet, though. I'll have to keep my eyes open.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow is this our LAST TUSAL????

Fiona said...

Very pretty design and I am sure you will enjoy your diary.

Rachel said...

I have been stalking (literally) our local places that have the potential to have Issue 198 of World of Cross Stitching, I want that "freebie" SO bad! I am TOTALLY jealous that you have it in hand. I looked on Ebay, wow, pricey. Thanks for the FB tip!

Mouse said...

cooo must post my last tusal ...lol and got the diary and that one was my favourite too ..lol
love the wee dragons as well :) love mouse xxxx

Giovanna said...

I'm collecting Jennifer's dragonlets too, and will also be stitching them in Heather's ornament SAL - fun!

Nicola said...

What a sweet diary Jo.

When I retired I threw away by appointments book that ruled my life.

Sandie said...

I got the diary too as I'm subscribed to WOCS. Hadn't seen the FB page for the stitch-along so might have to give that a go. Found the Dragonlets designs tho!

Minnie said...

Great looking TUSAL, I have a stitching angel sending me a copy of the magazine and diary, I can hardly wait for it to get here. I will have to check out the 12Days on facebook. Thank you.

Sandie said...

Just had my joining the FB group approved. Now off later to get the first one kitted up - trouble is I can't decide which one to start with!!