Translate

Sunday 26 January 2014

Rabbitty Round Robins Roving Round!

Nice alliteration!  This is the third time I have participated in a Band Sampler Round Robin and after a year off I'm looking forward to it.

I have chosen a traditional feel to my sampler with added rabbitieness!  When we first discussed this RR I knew I wanted a Band and Spot sampler using Brenda Keyes' motifs but then Karen went and mentioned bunnies!  So after numerous evil bunny pictures winging back and forth I thought it would be fun to ask each stitcher to include a little bunny in her piece.

Here is mine:


The idea is that each stitcher will stitch her bands above my bands moving up the chart and will also stitch one or more motifs in the bottom part of the sampler along with her bunny.

Once again I am mailing to Kathy, the RR Mods like to match the overseas stitchers with each other so I often mail to or receive from Kathy (or Sophia in Australia but she's not doing this one).

I have two more finishes but they have been mailed to other people so I won't show and tell until the recipients have them in their hot little hands.

Finally, don't forget to sign up for the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop this February 14th.   All you have to do is email me a picture of something you have stitched which is suitable for a stitching friend on Valentine's Day.  It could be a heart, or a pair of cute creatures, or the word "love" or anything which warms your heart. Really anything you think a fellow stitcher would like to receive in her email Inbox.   It can be something you've stitched in the past or something you've made especially for this year.  It could also be quilted or sewn this year as I know some of my followers do other crafts too.

Send me the email by 10th February.

When I have all the emails I will randomise them and send one to each participant on 13th February.  Then on 14th February you must post the picture you receive onto your blog under the heading
 Secret Stitching Sweetheart. 
There will be a list on my blog of everyone joining in, so check out all the blogs and find out who got your picture and identify yourself  in their comments as their
Secret Stitching Sweetheart. 

Does that make sense to everyone?  I hope so!

If you'd like to be involved then leave a comment on this post, I'll be putting little reminders up from time to time and will email on 9th February to make sure you send the pic in time.


15 comments:

Linda said...

What a pretty RR piece Jo. Looking forward to seeing its progress.

Linda

Vickie said...

Oh your RR sounds like a great idea. It is going to turn out wonderful.
I already told you I would like to do the Secret Sweetheart Stitching. ;)

Bianca said...

All the bunnies will be so cute in the sampler. I love the colors you chose the the alphabet portion shown in the picture.

Kerryp77 said...

Lovely rr. I love band samplers. The rabbit motifs will look so sweet

Unknown said...

What a great start to your band sampler - have fun with the RR.

Anonymous said...

Look forward to seeing your RR sampler as it progresses (although I guess we won't see it again now until it's finished!)

Angela said...

A lovely new start :)

Christine said...

The RR is looking good though I can't help thinking of Anya from Buffy "Bunnies, bunnies it must be bunnies!"

Shebafudge said...

Oh go on then...you twisted my arm Jo. I am so behind on blog reading that I have only just seen this!

Sign me up!!

Shirlee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shirlee said...

Nothing like posting a comment & missing a big misspelling ... lol! Love the little bunny in that piece : ) Also love the alliteration : )

Julie said...

A great idea for a band sampler, I have a weakness for those too, always so lovely to see and to stitch too.

Count me in for the Sweetheart blog hop please Jo. thanks.

Lili said...

Lovely RR piece, I like the colours!

Hugs,
Lili

Michelle said...

Love the RR - will be emailing you the picture of my stitched piece shortly - thanks for arranging this xx

Karen said...

Evil bunnies!!! Mwa ha ha!!!