Translate

Sunday 15 May 2016

Gifted Gorgeousness May Link-Up Post


Welcome to the Gifted Gorgeousness link-up post!  The link-up date will continue to be the 15th of each month but I will keep the linky open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time to join in.

The format remains EXACTLY the same as last year so I'm sure you are all aware of what can be included - gifts to and from you; charts, fabric or threads; shoe-horns welcome!

Since my last GG post I have worked on a few gifted pieces:

Elizabeth Shepherd by The Scarlet Letter - a gift from Nicola:

stitched on 30 count linen

Counting Bats by Just Nan - a gift from Epic Mel:

stitched on 32 count lilac linen

Those scissors were a gift too, from Heather of It's Geek to Me.  The scissor chain was made by a friend of mine too.

We had a Happy Dance on Nora Corbett's Little Snowy Gray Cottage - a gift from Nataly's Needle:

stitched on 32 count Blue Hydrangea Opalescent by Crafty Kitten.

And continued progress on The Sweetheart Tree's Finger Fun 1 - a gift from Vickie:

stitched on 28 count Platinum linen


Here is the place for you to link up so we can see what Gifted Gorgeousness you have been stitching so far this year.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field NOT the words "May Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.
And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.
Thank you.  I can amend links if you make a boo-boo though.

*


*

I'm not aware of any GGG (Gifted Gorgeousness Giveaway) this month, I'm not hosting one myself but if you are, let me know and I'll add a link here!

***********************************

Finally, The Days of Jo's Life Big Birthday Blog Hop was been launched and is taking sign-ups.  The Hop will be on the 17th September.  To take part all you have to do is leave a comment or email me.  Nearer the date I will allocate you a Year of My Life and on the 17th September you do a blog post about that year or that life event in your life or what you were doing at that age (assuming you are that old!).  Also, post something you have stitched which you think I will like.




29 comments:

Julie said...

Lots of lovely GG stitching you have been doing Jo. The sparkly cottage does look nice,

Vickie said...

Wow! Lots of bath time I guess! Finger Fun is lovely!

jocondine said...

Lovely progress on Elizabeth Shepard and you can add one from my garden in your Counting Bats. Hugs

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

I love these Gifted Gorgeousness posts,seeing a lot of great projects in one place:)

Christine said...

All your GG pieces are lovely Jo

Elfie said...

Congratulations on your cottage finish - it looks fantastic. I've never been a lover of bats, but your sampler is growing on me! I do enjoy seeing all the progress pics.

cheryl said...

Love all of your projects. Also, cool scissors! Congratulations on your cottage finish.

Kerryp77 said...

Counting bats is looking fab. Love the scissors and charm.

Bea said...

Bats id looking great - love the scissors and fob. ES is also coming along nicely. You've got what - one more full motif and 2 or 3 partials?

BeingBored89 said...

Everything looks great!!

Sheryl said...

Pretty stitching Jo, love that little snowy cottage design.

Mini said...

Lovely GG stitching. The scissor and fob are beautiful.

Rhona said...

What gorgeous projects! Love your snowy cottage finish....it's beautiful!

DJ said...

I love all your stitching, but I can't wait to see progress on Elizabeth
Shepherd each month...that is such a beauty! I also love the Sweetheart
Tree piece...your stitching is amazing! Congratulations on your finish,
it's so sparkly...I love it!!

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely work on everything! Thanks for being an awesome host again.

Linda said...

Awesome stitching and finishes Jo. I managed a little bit on mini London this month.

Linda

Barb said...

You will be finished with Elizabeth before too long, she is so pretty. I do love that Halloween piece!

Justine said...

Lovely stitching. I hadn't realised how much Counting Bats has grown! I'm a little late with my GG post this month...Sorry.

gominam said...

Lovely GG Projects. Those scissors are so neat! Love the cottage:)

Sarah in Stitches said...

Gorgeous stitching this month! I've linked up :D

Brenda said...

Oh your stitching is beautiful as always!!! What wonderful scissors and fob too!!!

Stitching Noni said...

Great GG post - love all your gorgeous stitching :o)
My post is up... not a lot to show this month though...
Hugs xx

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Your scissors and fob are brilliant!

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Congratulations on finishing your sparkly cottage! The little pearls on top of the fence posts are unexpected and very pretty :) Love the pinks in your Sweetheart Tree piece too!

Lili said...

Very pretty stitching!
Hugs,
Lili

Kaisievic said...

Lots of lovely stitching goodness here, my dear. So hard to choose a favourite!

Brigitte said...

Great stitching for this month's GG SAL. I won't join as I was too busy to stitch on my WIPs and too lazy to shoe-horn something, lol. Maybe next month.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on your projects again :) I finally got around to linking mine up ^_^

The Crafty Princess said...

You're so awesome. It's no wonder people give you so many crafty gifts. Beautiful work and I adore the Halloween scissors and it's matching fob. Great giftie
xo Alicia