Translate

Thursday 26 May 2016

May Smalls SAL

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Heather from Stitching Lotus

This year I have two Small Challenges:


For the Hallowe'en Blog I have done something a little different this year, I've chosen a band sampler by Just Nan called Counting Bats and each band corresponds to the monthly themes on the blog.  May's theme was Spiders and I stitched this band:

stitched on 32 count lilac linen

That is one giant spider!  I am not surprised the ghosts are fleeing.

Here is the whole piece with my special scissors and fob:


The theme on the Christmas Ornie SAL blog was Reindeer and I decided to stitch one of Daffycat's cute little reindeer freebies.  In the event, I stitched three of them!  Jinglebell, Holly and Mistletoe.




I also completed another Small, this time as part of the Stitch Maynia Colour-a-Day SAL, which was Red.

stitched on 28 count Platinum linen


This was a gift from Vickie so I will be sending it back out into the world as part of June's Gifted Gorgeousness post.  So keep your eyes open then!  I used the charted DMC 902 for the darker red and substituted 3722 for the charted 3726 which looked too brown to me.  I also used standard size beads instead of the charted petite.  The standard beads filled the spaces much better than the petites.  Plus I had them in my stash and didn't have the petites!

Having completed that piece I needed something simple to start straightaway and chose the second in a series called Winter Woods by The Little Stitcher.  Only a couple of evenings bathtime stitching and a lunchbreak at work and it was done:

stitched over one on 32 count Vintage Grain linen

Here is the previous piece in this series:


There is one more and I'll scrapbook them together.

I almost forgot my other Small! Inspired by our host Heather, I stitched on the Teresa Wentzler Byzantine Ornaments too.  I used burgundy fabric and changed the colours too:

more details in the post here

Finally, in my last post I showed a picture of Just Nan's Haunted Pumpkins Tree and said I couldn't remember what happened to it.  I found it!  In a sensible place, surprisingly.  I had put the finished piece into the bag with the chart and put them back into my Just Nan bag.  There are a LOT of charts in that bag.  Maybe I'll pull out a JN small to start tonight.

31 comments:

Magiczny Świat Krzyżyków said...

Jestem zachwycona! Wspaniałe prace!!! Pozdrawiam.

llknbillburg said...

Wonderful stitching! I especially love the ornaments. Laura

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the adorable finishes Jo. I don't have time to do any finishes, I'm to busy doing starts. lol

Linda

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful new finishes and thanks for the link the The Little Stitcher!

Amy said...

I love Counting Bats. 😀 And your Christmas stitching is so tiny! And so cute!

The red design is lovely. You chose really great colors!

Bea said...

Lovely group of smalls. The Winter Woods especially caught my eye.

Barb said...

Great stiching! Your Halloween piece is really looking good.

Brenda said...

Oh what BEAUTIFUL stitching you have shared again with us!!! I love all that you have blogged about today for the Smalls posting!!! Great job!!!

Mini said...

Oh I like the Halloween piece.Guess what as I was writing this comment, DH looked at my screen and said oh this is good abt the Halloween piece :)
All your smalls are lovely. Specially the one from Vickie and Byzantine Ornament.

Kaisievic said...

Wonderful smalls, my dear - Counting Bats is my favourite this month, I think. xxx

Preeti said...

Lovely smalls!! I liked your special scissor and the fob :)

Vickie said...

Yay! The Sweetheart Tree finish is splendid!

Beth in IL said...

Love all your smalls! Good job!

Kerryp77 said...

Beautiful stitching as always Jo, I'd be fleeing from that spider too and I'm chief spider catcher in our house! Lovely winter and Christmas stitching. Daffycat's reindeer are lovely. I stitched a couple last year.

Angela said...

Love all your smalls finishes!

gominam said...

Love your update, so in love with the reindeer!

Pamela said...

Amazing! Beautiful stitching!

Unknown said...

Another Etsy shop to visit - It's a wonderful thing. Those little reindeer too. Thanks for sharing - Stopped by your Scrapbook page - So amazing.

Christine said...

Lovely work! The little red sampler is beautiful

Elfie said...

Your needle has been flying! I have to admit the little reindeer have caught my heart, but all the others are lovely too - even the bats.

KimM said...

These are gorgeous! Love them all.....
xxx

ANGIE said...

So many lovely smalls! Happy stitching!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Gorgeous stitching! I love your Halloween band sampler, it's fantastic! :D

gracie said...

So many lovely pieces....

Justine said...

You certainly have been busy! I love that giant spider.

Desiree Ehleiter said...

Wow, you are so productive! Everything is wonderful! I especially love your Halloween band sampler! Can't wait to see the completion.

Julie said...

Halloween stitching always looks so good on purple/lilac fabric. Your band sampler is stunning.

Heather said...

Great progress the bats piece is really coming along!

Brigitte said...

These smalls are just wonderful. I love the ghosts fleeing from the giant spider, and yes, giant it is, lol. Just this morning I read a blog post where someone was talking about a giant spider coming out of her project bag. In the future I will be careful when rummaging through my project boxes, lol.

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, you had quite a bit to show this time! Those little reindeer are just so cute, and so is the winter woods one. Great progress, I'm surious to see what you will pick next!

Michele Stravato said...

Love them all, especially the reindeer on the sparkly fabric! Great job.