Translate

Saturday 21 May 2016

May WIPocalypse Looking Back at Last Year

WIPocalypse
WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings

Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.

The focus of my WIPocalypse will be my "16 in '16" which are 16 projects I particularly wanted to concentrate on in 2016.   The full list can be found on my WIPocalypse page where you can also find my secondary list "16 Series in '16".

My main goal is to keep to my rotation of one small every Friday and the rest of the month working on my focus piece until it is finished.  I also have a number of SALs I want to keep up with:

The Alphabet Club - a different letter on the first Saturday of each month
Gifted Gorgeousness - post anything gifted on the 15th
Hallowe'en Ornie Blog - a different spooky theme each month
Christmas Ornie Blog - a different festive theme each month
Smalls SAL - last Thursday of each month

**************************************

And now for the progress report:

I have worked on 4 out of 16 projects since my last WIPocalypse, plus 3 from my series list.

4. Little Snowy Cottage by Nora Corbett - Finish

stitched on 32 count Blue Hydrangea opalescent by Crafty Kitten

5. Little Snap Dragon by Kustom Krafts - WIP

stitched on 32 count Evening Sky Murano by Crafty Kitten

11. Elizabeth Shephard by Scarlet Letter - WIP

stitched on 30 count linen
I stitched the green border and the brown at the bottom

16. Counting Bats by Just Nan - WIP

stitched on 32 count lilac linen

And for the series:

6. Stitcher's Alphabet by Brooke's Books - WIP



9. Spring Typography by Just Nan - Finish


16. Byzantine Ornaments by Teresa Wentzler - 1 finished




***************************************

Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too:

May - What were you stitching this time last year and have you finished it?

For the May 2015 WIPocalypse post I had three finishes and one new start which I finished very quickly:

stitched on 28 count Chocolate Orange evenweave from Crafty Kitten

The question is - did I frame it, and if so, where is it?  I don't recall framing it.  I must find out.  I didn't scrapbook it because of that charm.  So where is it...

On the 20th May I blogged about another newish start; Pretty Little London from Satsuma Street.  Now that one I did scrapbook and here it is:


So I did pretty well.  Elizabeth Shephard is still an active WIP from last year but apart from her, most of the pieces I was stitching on have been completed.  The ones that haven't were starts for the DUCJC which are on the list to be worked on this year.


Finally, I didn't do the DUCJC this year or the Stitch Maynia this May but I did see a Flosstube made by Tracy P where she attempted to start all 15 projects in one evening.  She managed 7 before collapsing!  But it got me thinking about attempting something similar.  A WIP marathon on the Longest Day of the Year.  Which is Monday the 20th June this year.  I could start at 9am when the boys have gone to school, stitch for 4 hours, break for lunch, stitch for another 4 hours, break for tea and possibly manage another 90 minutes in the evening.  Allowing 30 minutes per WIP that would be 18/19 projects in one day!  So that would be all my WIPS, some of my UFOs, and the rest would be from my Series list so not really lots of new starts.  Who else is in and who just wants to watch the fun?!






27 comments:

KimM said...

Wow - you've been busy....lovely, lovely work!
xxx

OhSewCrafty said...

You have made excellent progress! The cottage is lovely and the Halloween piece so darling. Your marathon WIP idea sounds like a fun way to mix it up, but after Maynia, I'm done with frequent rotations for awhile.

Barb said...

I would say you are doing very well in the WIPocalypse!

Mini said...

Nice post. Its wonderful to look back and see what we were stitching last year.
I just read about the idea of "WIP marathon on the Longest Day of the Year" on facebook. Guess I can participate, as I hope to have only 2 WIPs by then.

Anonymous said...

beautiful projects

Bea said...

It has been a busy month for you. And I do enjoy these posts that show everything you've been working on. I remember when you finished London and I still love the bright colours.

jocondine said...

Scrapbooked London is a perfect finish, that was a great stitching! I love your clear presentation as I feel at this time having left the orbit of the Earth. I miss WIP post since february, quite busy with my GG works. I must come back this month later perhaps. Your Longest Stitching Day sounds psychotropic! ;) How many cup of coffee are planned? June the 20 will be the beginning of our first "summer" holidays. A week in Touraine on the Castle Valley, I'll send you positive energy and good vibes. Bisous

Christine said...

OK, I'm going to come right out and say it. Your longest day plan is insane ;D

Angela S said...

Love the cottage finish. That thing is super sparkly! The Longest Day plan sounds crazy but fun. I couldn't join in, but I'd love to watch. :)

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

The snowy cottage is so pretty =) Great work on all your projects and your two finished =) 18/19 projects on one day? Oh my! I always feel like I need 30 minutes alone to set my stuff up (at least when I need to put them on the frame and so on) :D I guess I wouldn't get much done in half an hour. I could imagine doing something like this with one hour per project or so, I think I could rush through about 10 projects on a free day O.o That would surely be fun :D

Kerryp77 said...

The Byzantine ornament is stunning. Love the fabric choice. It's nice to look back over some of last years projects. Did you solve the pumpkin mystery?

Unknown said...

That is alot of really interesting projects you have going. One of my favorites is the little Snapdragon!!!!!!

Justine said...

I agree with Christine - that's a crazy plan! Beautiful stitching.

Heather said...

Ha you have fun with that! It'll be fun to watch your progress :). Great progress!

Tiffstitch said...

I don't think it's possible for me as I only get a few hours a day to stitch, but good luck!

Margaret said...

Marathon stitching for a whole day? No thanks Jo. I'm sure I would have to arm wrestle the demon of my To Do List and fight a guilty conscience if I tried that. Ha ha!

Unknown said...

June 20th is my birthday. I take the day off from work, and do nothing all day. I think maybe this year I will spend it working on my WIPs. I think this does sound like a plan. I love your Pumpkin tree - but of course I love Halloween Stitching.

Amy said...

I'm enjoying watching all of your great WIPs progress! You do a fun mix of gorgeous and whimsical patterns.

I will be at work on June 20th, but I can't wait to see what comes of your WIP marathon!

Preeti said...

Love all your projects :)
Good luck with your longest day plan. I hope you remember to eat and sleep :) don't put so much stress on your hand.

Julie said...

I'll be running away for the longest distance to avoid your longest day idea lol.

gominam said...

Awesome post. Seriously considering getting a Satsuma design, your London stitching is so pretty. The dragon looks promising already. Good luck with the Longest day plan, start prepping (suddenly the "Rocky" theme song plays in my mind, lol).

Brigitte said...

Oh my, there was a lot of stitching going on since last Wipocalypse. And I mean A LOT.

Isn't it interesting to have that look back? I am doing the same at the moment. I have prepared index cards for my WIPs and have been checking my stitching diary to find all the dates I was working on the respective WIPs. Very interesting to see that some WIPs have been stitched on rather regularly whereas others haven't seen the light of day for looooong periods of time.

I also have to check out Tracy P's videos. And I love your idea that you come up with. I have just seen that the 20th is a Monday, one of my SAL days, but it shouldn't be a problem to shift the SAL stitching to another day. So, I'm in - 30 minutes per WIP will be a challenge for me as I usually even don't manage to start new projects one day after the other. I always want to work on a project for at least two or three days before I can put it down. So this 30 minutes thing will be interesting - to say the least, lol.

Lili said...

Your scrapbooked London is gorgeous!! Lovely stitching!

Kaisievic said...

Wonderful stitching, Jo and Pretty Little London looks fabulous scrapbooked like that! I am tentatively in for the 20th - it just depends on whether I get more freelance work that day. I think it is a fab idea and not insane at all!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely progress! :D

Kris said...

Looks wonderful. I have the spring typography in my WIP stash to do. :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress, I'm still amazed how well your rotation is working out this year :) I love the idea of the WIP marathon, but on a weekday I probably won't be able to do a lot. I'm looking forward to watching though!