Translate

Tuesday 11 July 2017

A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That

My rotation for the year goes as follows:

26th of the month - Lavender & Lace Enchanted Alphabet
Then Brooke's Books' Stitcher's Alphabet
Then Happy Hallowe'en with an option on Witches
Then a block of 12 Days of Christmas and one day of the header
Then one day of Gathering Eggs and one day of Memories
Rest of the month - Focus Piece for the month.

In my last post I had completed the 7 Swans-a-Swimming block for 12 Days so it was followed by a few days of daily swapping.

First I stitched quite a lot on the Herald Angel from 12 Days:


I am currently filling in the pale blue and then I'll backstitch her.

I worked all day Saturday so I took 12 Days in to stitch on my lunchbreak and then spent all of Sunday on Nora Corbett's Gathering Eggs:


The shawl turned out beautifully. 

On Monday I went to a coffee morning at a local craft shop which has just opened in town.  The owner makes various things herself and also rents shelves out in the shop to local crafters.  I did buy myself an early birthday present but that's gone away until September so no peeking!

I took Just Nan's Memories with me as it's a nice easy one to stitch and chat at the same time:


Today saw the start of my focus piece for the rest of this month.  Kerry is doing Just One July and there's a new Joan Elliott July group too so it made sense to stitch Joan's Mermaid from July in the Magical Year of Stitching.   I started her last Summer for the Olympic challenges and very unusually did not note down the fabric.  It's either Sparklies or Crafty Kitten, most probably the latter and it's beautiful!



Finally, the Blogger of the Week blog is going really well.  I am so pleased with all the comments everyone is leaving and being able to introduce people to new-to-them bloggers.  I'd love to have more people I didn't previously know featured so please mention the blog on your blog!  I've also decided we should have a little competition when we reach six months so pay careful attention and watch the blog for more information!




27 comments:

Bethan said...

What fantastic progress. I admire that you can rotate through projects - I can't bring myself to do it! And fantastic restraint with tucking your early birthday present away - I'd be too excited to do that x

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Beautiful stitching, Jo! Agree with Bethan, above. I am not a very good rotation stitcher and I am TERRIBLE at not opening or working on an early birthday present. YGG!

rosey175 said...

Wonderful progress! I love the colors in Gathering Eggs. Are they emu eggs? They must be.

I had to look up Magical Year of Stitching. It definitely sounded like a SAL!

September is, like, 5 million years away. How can we not peek, it's not fair! Can we shake the package?

Rhona said...

A local craft shop.....you lucky thing!!!! Lovely projects that you are working on.

deb said...

Lovely, lovely work, Jo! So much fun to see all the different things you're working on - and all the progress you're making on them!

Karyn said...

Your rotation is going well, Jo, and I'm proud of you for sticking to it! I have been so higgildy piggildy with mine that I finally gave up...I will pick it up because you are inspiring me. ♥️
The new shop sounds awesome, and I love that you got yourself an early birthday treat...I can't wait to see it on your special day.
I have been so out of the blogging loop and didn't know about the blogger of the week, so I will go back and check it out...what a fun idea!
Hugs

Barb said...

So much wonderful stitching. I agree with you, the shawl is just beautiful. 12 Days is looking so pretty!!

Mii Stitch said...

Love the fabric on your JE piece!!!

Leonore Winterer said...

You have so much going on! I love all your projects, but this months progress on Gathering Eggs is just gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stitching, I enjoyed looking at it all. I admire the way you stick to your rota.

Preeti said...

Beautiful stitching on all!! Looking forward to see your mega progress on just one project.

Mini said...

Lots of lovely stitching. The shawl is really pretty.

StitchyDragon Creates said...

Great progress on all your projects, I'm not disciplined enough to work rotations but admire those who are! Beautiful fabric for your JE mermaid, I look forward to seeing her emerge. I have been enjoying your blogger of the week blog so will put a link to it in my next post, have a great week,
Helen

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Great to catch up on your stitching, Jo.Your Angel is beautiful.
Would it be ok to put a link to Blogger of the Week in my side bar?

Justine said...

That rotation makes me feel tired just reading it! Great work though. I agree with Rosie, we should get a rattle of your birthday present.

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely work on everything! I'm glad you get so many things out to work on each month and nice to change things up with different projects while plugging away at some to completion.

D1-D2 said...

I really enjoy reading the Blogger of the week post Jo. Thank you for introducing us to new (to us) bloggers. By the way, I haven't forgotten your email. I'm still writing my answers :)

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great stitching this week, Jo! It's awesome that you managed to fit in time every time to stitch :D

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

You've got so many great projects you're rotating through. I love to see your updates when they pop up in my blog feed. --Andrea

Kaisievic said...

I have two favourite pieces this month, Jo, Gathering eggs (I adore this design) and your angel - both pieces are gorgeous.

diamondc said...

Jo: You are amazing, getting so much done, with so many great designs going.

Blessings
Catherine

Lili said...

Great progress on "Gathering Eggs"!
Such a great stitching projects!

Carol said...

What wonderful progress on all of your WIPs, Jo!! I really enjoy watching your Gathering Eggs stitching grow!! Hope your July is going well :)

Christine said...

Great progress Jo, the mermaid fabric is gorgeous

Julie said...

Great you have a new craft shop in town, hope there are lots of people flock to it.

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Jo, that progress on your 12 days is really considerable. And also nice to see your other projects you worked on during your rotation.
I'll mention the Blogger of the Week when I write my next blog post but it won't be before August I think. I love the feature a lot and I also love the mixture of new and old bloggers.

Linda said...

Great progress as always Jo. I swear I did more stitching when I was working than I do now.

Linda